Saturday, January 26, 2008

Thesis statement

First when I look a t this activity, I am sure it is not an easy task to do. Plus, it was in DR. Edwin’s class and to me he presents as a perfectionist lecturer who wants the best from his students. In looking for the thesis statement, initially I have no idea what to do in doing thesis statement in my position paper. Frankly, I do know a bit on novel and poem understudied. So, I am not really mastery in any poem or novel. So, I have taken a risk to do a novel in Great Expectation that I have studied last semester. I have so many difficulties to create my own thesis statement. We have to know every single word and sentence of every chapter and what do the sentences suggest or imply in the novel. So much so, we have to know all about the novel taken and try to make a thesis statement based on the issues related to the novel. In dealing with the thesis statement, we have to write on the whiteboard and waiting for Dr Edwin comment on it. Luckily, my thesis statement is accepted by him after three time’s trial. So lucky of me, there are my friends who take a long time to compose their own thesis statement. After we have succeeded in composing the thesis statement, we need to come out with five strong points that support our thesis statement embedding textual evidences.

No comments: