Saturday, March 15, 2008

Research paper (thesis statement)

I am having a hard time in research paper progress. At first, I do not know what I am going to do in my research paper and I try to do a novel entitled “The Awakening”. In this novel, I try to introduce the element of gothic presented in through the entire novel. To me, it would give a deep impact to students as they are very keen in gothic culture. So, by introducing them with the gothic elements in the novel, I think more or less it would help in stimulating students’ interest to learn literature classroom. After I have undergone the critical analysis on it, I am facing a shortage of ideas to elaborate more about it. I have changed my mine, and try to do a poem by Sylvia Plath. I try to examine on the theme in two poems by Sylvia Plath to see why she often wrote depressing poems about her relationship with her father. Here, I manage to compare and contrast based on two of her poems and how do the poems reflect her life. More over, these two poems are quite long and easy to understand. So, I do not have many difficulties to do it. Sylvia Plath is very good in expressing her emotion and experience through her poems.

No comments: